Flyy Beauty

This blog is about natural hair facts tips and tricks, Makeup products, ratings, and looks, and the know how on wigs.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Why I decided to Transition


After 3 attempts I finally went all the way through with transitioning. My first try was back in high school. One of my friends decided to go through it with me. Needless to say that after 3 mos of new growth we was running to the store for a box perm! LOL! The second time was after I moved to Delaware in '06. My hair was growing out after I had gotten a faux hawk cut and I was getting micros. I got micros back to back for a combo of 6 mos. I noticed my curl pattern and decided to go ahead and not get a perm. Lets just say that didn't last long. The third time was when I got pregnant with my youngest. It was an unexpected pregnancy and since I new I would get that extra hair growth that most pregnant women get I decided it was a good time. But since my husband (now separated) liked girls with longer hair I got another relaxer to please him. Then when I was 5 mos pregnant, I found out my mom was transitioning and she did her big chop in September of that year. So it really motivated me to go all the way since she looked like an African goddess. So after studying this natural hair phenomenon (when I do something I always study it) I found out how bad relaxers were for our hair. I found out that our hair is actually stripped everytime we get one. That's why the instructions say not to place on already relaxed hair (only new growth) eventhough we still do that. And that's one of the reasons why the hair looks thinner at the ends. Another thing that motivated me was that I was reading how a lot of black women have negative views on natural hair eventhough that's who we truely are. And I realized I grew up with the same thinking that natural hair is nappy and bad, but this was because that's what I was taught. I do not want my beautiful daughters feeling the same way. This was my beginning to end the cycle. The last reason was that I was just too damn tired of getting relaxers every 3 mos. I dreaded it every 3 mos. This was something that I felt if I didn't want to do it, then I simply should stop.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, ugg boots clearance, tiffany jewelry, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet online, michael kors handbags, ugg outlet, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, replica watches, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet online, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, oakley vault, replica watches, cheap ugg boots outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban outlet, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin, nike free, michael kors outlet online sale, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet store, red bottom shoes, michael kors outlet online, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses

December 7, 2015 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face, hermes pas cher, new balance pas cher, hollister uk, nike roshe, guess pas cher, vans pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer pas cher, oakley pas cher, coach outlet, nike air force, michael kors, hollister, north face pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors canada, air jordan, air max pas cher, burberry pas cher, nike free pas cher, air max, converse pas cher, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike free, mulberry uk, ray ban pas cher, timberland pas cher, lacoste pas cher, scarpe hogan, nike air max, longchamp, lululemon outlet online, coach purses, nike roshe run, tn pas cher, ralph lauren uk, true religion, longchamp pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet store online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online

December 7, 2015 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, ipad cases, celine handbags, iphone 6s plus cases, beats headphones, longchamp, iphone 5s cases, asics shoes, jimmy choo shoes, timberland boots, hollister, oakley, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, ghd, mont blanc pens, new balance outlet, north face jackets, north face jackets, valentino shoes, iphone 6 cases, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, babyliss, birkin bag, nike air huarache, mac cosmetics, hollister clothing store, nike air max, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, nfl jerseys, bottega veneta, iphone 6 plus cases, nike trainers, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe, chi flat iron, soccer shoes, iphone 6s cases, reebok shoes, ralph lauren, vans outlet, baseball bats, lululemon outlet, herve leger, giuseppe zanotti, iphone cases, s6 cases

December 7, 2015 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

sac lancel, replica watches, marc jacobs handbags, supra shoes, links of london uk, abercrombie, canada goose outlet, gucci, moncler, moncler, vans, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, converse, louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton canada, juicy couture, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose pas cher, wedding dress, thomas sabo uk, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, barbour, moncler outlet, pandora uk, ugg boots, coach outlet, swarovski jewelry, ugg, toms outlet, ugg, swarovski uk, louis vuitton uk, ugg soldes, ray ban, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, canada goose, uggs canada, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, pandora charms, hollister canada, air max, montre femme, karen millen, moncler, canada goose

December 7, 2015 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160113
hollister
louis vuitton handbags
nike air max
polo outlet
ugg australia
tod's shoes
tory burch sale
oakley sunglasses
toms shoes
air max 90
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet store online
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin outlet
cheap jordan shoes
polo ralph lauren
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
nike free runs
louis vuitton handbags
timberland outlet
louis vuitton handbags
kate spade
cheap oakley sunglasses
tiffany and co
toms outlet
louis vuitton handbags
burberry outlet
toms shoes
tory burch handbags
louboutin pas cher
michael kors outlet
oakley outlet
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
the north face outlet
cheap air max
uggs clearance
timberland outlet
as

January 12, 2016 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home